So today was a good day,...sort of :(
some know the problems I am having, but I dont feel it is necessary to post a blog about it, just know I am not my happiest.
Great News: I was elected Phi Sigma Kappa Intramural chair. I am so excited! I am going to be in charge of setting up athletic events for the chapter, and encouraging every man to participate, and have fun with it. This position is a big resume builder for me, and I am very blessed to be recognized with this position.
One thing I love about athletics is sometimes is can bring out the best in a person and sometimes it can bring out the worst. Athletics are symbolic to life for many sports fans, and experiences faced in athletics can be translated to life.
Do you know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
This verse is definately one of my favorites. It really means alot to me and the way I live my life. In so many different ways. One of the biggest ways this verse speaks to me, is that it actually downgrades the importance of athletics, and shows how much MORE important our journey with the Lord is. Sometimes, I really comtemplate how much stronger my relationship with God would be if I put the same "never quit, never slow down" attitude into my relationship with him.
As a coach and a teacher, I will have, and have, alot of kids looking up to me. This verse also speaks to me about how important my example is. I must be a winner, before I can ever encourage others to be winners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that verse also. What an uplifting blog!
ReplyDeleteYes, you sound very positive in spite of the problems. Congratulations on your new position!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Congratulations on your phi sigma whatever whatever. You deserve it!
ReplyDeletethank you so much everyone!!!
ReplyDelete