Friday, February 20, 2009

The College Basketball Experience




Across the nation, hundreds of thousands of men have full-ride basketball scholarships to schools such as Kansas, and Oklahoma, Duke and North Carolina, but also schools such as Northwest Missouri State, University of Central Missouri, and Lindenwood. Even basketball players at a even lower level field athletic scholarships for schools such as William Jewel and Avila. All earning school tuition for their play in basketball, a dream for any die hard fan of the sport.




I love basketball, and play it frequently, but even the worst of the worst college basketball players is so far on a different level of skill than me it is amazing. At the Sprint Center in Kansas City it gives everyone the chance to be a "college basketball player" for a day. It has games where you shoot to beat the clock, shoot a free throw with crowd noise and pressure, and even has lower rims so you can dunk like the big boys. Its an amazing feeling, not too mention the chills down your spine you get as you walk through the college basketball hall of fame, which is connected to the college basketball experience.




After attending the CBE for the second time in a month, me and Stephen attended a UMKC basketball game. The Kangaroos pulled out a buzzer beater victory to win 61-59. It was an amazing game to watch, and I couldn't help but think how great of feeling it would be to play even for a school like UMKC that gets very little fan attention. Not too mention a big school such as Kansas or North Carolina.




I love sports, and being a college athlete is something I will always wish I could have had a chance to be, but that wasn't God's plan for my life, but it sure was nice, living that dream for a day!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. Funny how God has his own plans for our lives. I am so glad he does,because if I had become a teacher like I thought I should, I would never have the great job I have today. That by itself taught me that I don't know what's best for me. You still get to do lots of things connected with basketball and that's a real blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That whole response was very "momlike." Sorry, it just slipped out.

    ReplyDelete