So tonight was my first intermural game. I got placed on team two and I somewhat sore about that placement. I felt as though I was much better than people thought and I could help out team one. So I was out to prove how good I was tonight.
So tonight I of course played like I had something to prove. I played hard, but very very badly. I lacked confidence in the second half, and ended the game with a measely 3 points.
I was so pumped for tonights game, and it went so badly for me, I feel emotionally let down. I not only feel like I let my team down, but I also feel like I let myself down. I know I am better than this, but from a viewers standpoint, I should have even been on a lower team than 2.
Sports are so important to my life, yet I think God did this to help me refocus on him. There is no excuse for how I played tonight, except for the fact I may have put it before what is truly important.
So in the future if your reading this Zach, dont focus on, winning or losing, success or failure, but the people in your life that care about you the most. This is about as low as you can get, but if you have your friends they can help you back up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sure you didn't do as badly as you think Zach! We are always are own worst critics. You should just go out there and have fun and not worry about the rest. (Easier said than done I know.)
ReplyDeleteDitto what your sister said. She is so wise. Jerry Rice always said our focus should be on what will matter most in eternity. It sounds like you got an idea of this.
ReplyDelete